Muffler & Exhaust Schedule An Appointment
Today's exhaust system have safety and emissions control rolled into one. Have your car’s exhaust system inspected regularly and check it immediately if you suspect any problems.
What does it do?
The exhaust system routes dangerous exhaust gas from the engine out and away from the car to keep from affecting the occupants. Next, the exhaust system reduces exhaust noise from the engine. The catalytic converter reduces the level of harmful pollutants in the exhaust. The oxygen sensors mounted in the exhaust system monitor the level of oxygen in the exhaust gases to maintain efficient engine operation and to monitor the converter’s operation.
Typical Wear and Tear
Maintain a safe car with regular exhaust system checks. Factors that affect replacement requirements include:
- Road conditions (salt, road spray, bumps)
- Vehicle type
- Driving habits (short trips take their toll on exhaust system life)
- Age of exhaust system parts
- Loud noise
- Rotten eggs smell
- Rattling noise when starting, accelerating or braking
- Drowsiness while driving
- Loud thumps, growls, or bangs
- A vibration or shaking of your muffler when idling
- Low hanging muffler
It is recommended to have your vehicle’s exhaust system inspected regularly. If you notice any of these signs, you should have your exhaust system checked right away:
Our muffler repair and exhaust inspection includes:
- Inspecting that mounts are safe
- Examining your exhaust pipes for cracks or rust
- Inspecting your catalytic converter
- Checking oxygen sensors
- Evaluating exhaust manifolds and gaskets for wear
- Inspecting the muffler for indications of corrosion or wear
If you are experiencing exhaust related issues, request a quote or schedule an appointment with our highly trained technicians today.